Remember 90% of Corvettes had have a roof life . In the 70s they had no value other than used car price. They drove in the winter, they were modified , they drove street race, etc.
Avoid these and concentrate on the remaining 10%.
- Match. #: Matching numbers, means org. drivetrain car was delivered with.
- Non Hit Body: The car has never been hit.
- Bill of Sale: The car original Bill of sale.
- Owners manual: car original manual.
- Consumer Information: Technical Specifications.
- Vehicle warranty: Owner service with "Protector-o-plate" metal plate with the first owner's name.
- Tank Sticker: Original equipment order (build sheet) glued on top of original gas can.
- Motor sizes:
283cu (4.8 L)
327cu (5.4 L)
350cu (5.7 L)
- Big Block:
396cu (7.0 L)
427cu (7.3 L)
454cu (7.6 L)
More information about engines and services you will find at the bottom of "Corvette history.
3 speed: Standart from 55-66
M20 Standart from 67
M21 Close Ration, small stroke shifting.
M22 Rock Crusher, extremely rare.
Powerglide: 53-67 (2 speed automatic transmission)
350 Turbo Hydra-Matic: 3 speed automatic transmission.
400 Turbo Hydra-Matic: 3 speed automatic H.P.